The river Loire is the last wild river in Europe and is a permanent source of wonder. It offers a variety of landscapes, with the shimmering play of light on the waters, It is renowned for its abundant wildlife and the many historic places it passes by.
The Regional Authorities have initiated a programme called “La Loire a velo” the purpose of which is to create cycle paths along the river. Bicycles are provided free of charge.
The host also offers cooking classes inspired by classic recipes with local seasonal products.
- Visits relating to the history of the French Kings :
- Chateaux of Meung-sur-Loire, Talcy, La Ferté Saint Aubin, Chambord, Blois, Cheverny are all in easy reach.
- Churches : Orléans Cathedral, collegiate church of Meung-sur-Loire, basilique of Cléry Saint-André (where Louis XI is buried)
- Gardens : The Ilex conservatory and the Roquelin Gardens in Meung-sur-Loire
- The Van Oeveren Fencing Museum
- The Sologne region and its lakes
- Sporting activities :
- Golf courses at Saint-Laurent-Nouan (20km), Ardon (25km) et La Ferte-Saint-Aubin (30 km).
- Sightseeing over the Loire and the Sologne in hot air balloon.
- Canoeing on the Loire
- Country walks
- Cycling along the river (bicycles provided at no extra charge)
- …or you can simply enjoy a relaxing moment in the park at the edge /shore ?